We have shown homeowners how to not only stop foreclosure … but how to save hundreds or even thousands of dollars by avoiding the mistakes that others make. Know your options so that you can make the right decisions!
Whether you have been facing financial difficulties for some time, or you are just in a recent slump because of job loss, injury or other set back, you must educate yourself. Facing foreclosure is an emotionally-charged event. Most owners in situations like yours have intense feelings of fear and anxiety.
These confusing thoughts can lead you to emotional, instead of logical, actions and decisions. Making emotional decisions is NEVER a good idea when it comes to your home and your money.
Foreclosure is an emotionally charged event. And the owners who let their emotions, instead of logic, invade their thoughts and decisions make irreversible mistakes!
Homeowners who focus solely on saving their home without considering their entire financial picture often end up in even deeper trouble because they fail to look at the short and long term effects of their emotionally charged decisions.
This is likely the first time you have ever faced foreclosure. Well, it’s not our first time and if you let us help you then we can help you make logical decisions that will not only stop your current foreclosure, but will also set you up for future fmancial success.
What’s important is that you understand your options so that you can make the very best, most logical decisions.
THE MOST COMMON FORECLOSURE OPTIONS
Following are the most common options for people facing foreclosure. Depending on your situation, all of these options may, or may not, be available to you. Everyone’s individual situation is different. Call us and we can discuss your options.
- Reinstate the Loan
- Loan Modification
- Mortgage Refinancing
- Sale of the Property
- Deed-in-Lieu of Foreclosure
- Bankruptcy Filing
- REINSTATE THE LOAN – The most obvious option is to pay the loan current. If foreclosure proceedings have already been filed then the amount needed to get the loan current will not only include back payments, but also late charges and possibly attorney fees. This is the quickest and the most efficient way of ending a foreclosure action.
- FORBEARANCE – The lender stops or postpones legal action. Usually granted when you make satisfactory arrangements to bring the overdue mortgage payments current.
- LOAN MODIFICATION – A loan modification seeks to avoid foreclosure by negotiating with the lender to modify the terms of the loan. Loan modifications may include adjusting the interest rate, extending the loan period, or adding the delinquent portion and fees back onto the principal of the loan to be repaid over time.
- MORTGAGE REFINANCING – In most cases, once foreclosure has started, you have been through several months of late payments or no payments. These late payments have a devastating effect on your credit rating. In addition, the new mortgage company will easily find out about the current foreclosure action. This most often leads to a denial of the refinance loan application. If you are approved you can bet it will be at a VERY high interest rate with higher than normal closing costs etc.This option is normally only for those with excellent credit histories and who have only suffered a temporary setback. If you are seriously considering this option then call us. We have connections with the companies that are most likely to be able to help you. Remember that time is of the essence so don’t waste a lot of valuable time on this option. You could lose your home while waiting on loan approval.
- SALE OF THE PROPERTY – if you have been unable to work with your lender, or find another suitable solution in a TIMELY MANNER, it is time to seriously consider selling.When time is of the essence you should consider selling your property to an investor who offers “a quick closing.” Typically, this will be for less than fair market value, but can be a benefit to you because it is a quick “as is” sale with no real estate commissions. “As is” means you would not have to spend any money doing repairs, or spend time putting the house in perfect condition. By selling your house “as is” to an investor, you get a quick sale – allowing you to instantly stop the foreclosure and salvage your credit.
- DEED IN LIEU OF FORECLOSURE – is when you voluntary deed title to your property to the lender. You basically give the house back to the bank. The ordinary effect of the taking of a Deed in Lieu is to extinguish the lender’s deed of trust and vest the lender with title subject to all other existing liens and encumbrances. In effect, the lender becomes the new owner. The lender is not required to accept the Deed in Lieu and can show his/her refusal by filing a Notice of Non Acceptance with the County Recorder.
- BANKRUPTCY – Some homeowners act on their lawyer’s advice and file bankruptcy thinking that all their problems are now solved. Bankruptcy does put a hold on everything, yes, but all it buys you is a little time. The end result is almost always the property still goes to auction and you now have a bankruptcy in addition to the foreclosure on your credit report.
- NOTHING – You may find it odd that nothing is listed as an option; however one of the most common options taken by homeowners is NOTHING. Don’t fall into the trap of thinking that everything will magically work itself out, because it will not.
You are likely confused by your options and fearful of making a bad decision, but by doing nothing you are making a decision. The decision you are making by doing nothing is the decision to tum a blind eye to reality while losing your home. We would love to tell you that stopping a foreclosure is a simple process and that it requires no special skill or knowledge, but this simply is not the case.
We trust that the overview of foreclosure options will help you start down
the path of informed decision making to protect yourself, your family, your
home and your bank account! If you would like to discuss any of these
options, call us, and we’ll gladly answer your questions.
Time Is Your Enemy!
If your house payments are more than a month or two behind, your lender has probably already started foreclosure proceedings. As time passes thousands of dollars in penalties and legal fees can be added to the balance you owe. And every single day extra interest is added!
The longer you wait, the harder it is for us to help you. To avoid this you must act quickly!
We offer a FREE, no obligation review of your situation. Call us so that we can discuss your particular options and answer all of your questions.
Or, if you have already decided that it is in your best interest to sell the property, and are ready to discuss this option, we may be interested in buying your home. We are affiliated with a group of investors who have bought and sold literally hundreds of properties. If your property qualifies, we will structure several options, and let you choose the option that best suits your needs.
We will NOT try to “sell” you anything. If there is no way that we can help you, we will simply tell you so. If we think you are already on the right track, we’ll tell you that. If referring you to a third party is best then we will gladly refer you to someone that we feel can help with your situation. Remember, there is NO CHARGE for this consultation.
Contact Us Now!
It will only take a few minutes of your time and you have a lot to gain and nothing to lose. You do, of course, have a lot to lose by doing NOTHING. Although the most common options were covered in this report, there may be other options available to you, depending on your particular situation